I found an interesting site yesterday, One Sentence – True Stories Told in One Sentence.
It’s pretty self-explanatory really – here’s one example that took my fancy:
I don’t want him to see that I carved the word ‘FAT’ into my thigh with a razor, not because of what he’ll think of me for being a self-harmer, but because he might agree with my thigh.
My one-track mind thought it would be fun to construct a few stories-in-a-sentence for some of the great and not-so-great moments from my history of supporting the Essendon Football Club (the Bombers). Here are my early attempts:
1. Startled into action by Scotty Lucas’ surprise right-foot kick, Moorcraft soared … and soared … and soared, then came crashing down, ball in hand, for the mark of the century.
2. Enter Leon Baker, and with a baulk and a blind turn, the 1984 Grand Final was ours for the taking.
3. “One more!”, said Kernahan, but he kicked out on the full and the Bombers celebrated a lucky draw.
4. Carlton hoisted Jim Buckley into the air, thinking the game was won, but they hadn’t reckoned on Neale Daniher’s heroics in time on.
5. “I touched it!” pleaded Silvani, but no-one could touch Michael Long on that memorable day.
6. “Get some skills, Ablett!” shouted my mate Col, something he came to regret 14 goals later.
7. “I agree with you 100%” said Phil Carman, accidentally collecting the boundary umpire with his nodding head.
8. “I’m not leaving till I get a kick”, declared Rock Star, something he would come to regret when it got dark at VFL Park.
9. We wrote “Crows suck sh*t” on my car’s dusty windscreen in the AAMI Stadium carpark – and by the end of the game, they did!
10. Even if the Bombers only win three games in a season, it is permissible to be seen on TV doing a Dancing Homer impression if one of them is against Collingwood!
OK Scott, Col etc – it’s your turn now.
I’m also going to post this as a challenge to my friends on the Bombertalk forum – will let you know of any humourous contributions from over there.